Tuesday, January 29, 2019

My Daily News

Every day, every break in between classes, and every notification bell that makes us pull our phones out of our pockets triggers news about what's going on, in that same instant, all across the globe. It's a little overwhelming to think about all of the news influences we have circulating in our everyday life, and how we choose just a few to spend our time scrolling through or watching. Here are my personal top 5 daily news sources:

In my phone notifications, online, and on TV, CNN spreads trustworthy information to a very large audience. I enjoy learning from the personable anchors on TV and reading brief but detailed articles on their website. They are generally politics-focused, but they deliver information about how the government affects my daily life.

Although it's not what you, or I, sometimes first think of a news source, Facebook provides a diversity of opinions on just about every issue, all in your same news feed. I like the ease of scrolling through multiple perspectives of a topic in the same location.

Image result for google news
Google News is a simple yet effective way to get hot-off-the-press information. I enjoy the personalization aspect of this source, as I can easily create a tab for my favorite topics and learn about news both across the globe and right in my hometown with the click of a button.

Image result for usa today
USA Today is a detailed and efficient news source. I really like the organization of their website, and how I can quickly get information on all of the latest events, anything from sports and economics to entertainment and politics.

5. BBC News
Image result for bbc news
Last but not least, BBC News offers me a worldly perspective about important events. The featured articles on the main page make it easy to see the daily news at a glance, and I can choose specific topics that interest me to learn more about.

These top 5 sources are of course not the only ways to learn about the news of the day, but I'd suggest them to get a well-rounded knowledge about the occurrences around us.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment